Thursday, December 24, 2009

birthday post =D

i reverted back to having the joy of a six-year-old today when i woke up and remembered it was my birthday, despite it being my twenty-second, and (even though it is technically over here in the uk, it is still going in the us of a, which totally counts as still being my birthday, which totally excuses me from posting this on christmas day even though i would never do such a horrid thing in real life...)

unfortunately, there was still snow everywhere from about a week ago, which has since turned into the most lethal ice you can imagine and 'they' decided not to do anything about it, meaning i stayed inside the whole day, haha. i did have visitors, however, but since the sun sets at around 4, it was a little short-lived.

so today i wore:


dress: new york & company
tights: modcloth
shoes: plato's closet, i have no idea where originally
earrings: self-made
rings: one etsy, one self-made during the day


and i feel now is also the time to admit my possibly unnatural obsession with edie sedgwick and the 60s in general. admit but not expand upon. i shall save that for another day ;p





when i got downstairs i found waiting for me a small pile of presents and my friend mairead [muh - rade] and we swiftly put some indian snack bites in the oven while i opened everything up.













later my brother showed up (he moved to london over the summer), and my family opened our christmas gifts too because we are leaving early tomorrow morning to go visit extended family for a couple days and by the end of the day i looked like this, wearing a sweater from topshop, suitably edie ;) :










and here is a closeup of the ring i made (from mere rick-rack!) after being given a "vintage accessories" book from my mum =)

all in all, a fabulous day

merry christmas for tomorrow!


~lydia

5 comments:

  1. As soon as I saw your photos I thought of Edie.
    Then when I read that you covet her, I smiled.
    I love your hair and those tights are so cute!
    Happy birthday for the 24th :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy belated birthday! Sounds like it was a nice cozy day at home! That is my kind of thing! ;)


    clothedmuch.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy belated birthday! I totally feel ya on Edie! Jean Seberg, Mia Farrow, Twiggy, & of course Ms. Sedgewick - all short-haired beauts from the 60's! <33

    ReplyDelete
  4. interesting blog and loving your outfits :) happy new year to you :) !

    ReplyDelete